Monday, March 9, 2009

One year from friday...

is the date. Um, that still seems like a long ways away, but I have a rather long to-do list and it doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. I have so much I want to do, but I feel silly starting so early. Does any of this make sense? I want to do all of the crafty stuff and I wish the bigger stuff (such as venues, DJ, catering, etc.) was done, but the wedding seems too far away to do the little things. And I don't have the big things done yet, which I can do right now, but don't want to.

Did I mention I don't like talking on the phone? And that's pretty much what I have been doing trying to get a reception venue lined up. I narrowed my choices down according to what we need and don't need. For example: we don't need expensive food, I'd prefer something easy and fun, like deli sandwiches or something like that. I really don't want to spend $20+ per person for food when I can get less expensive food and I'll feel more comfortable anyway.

I can just about check one item off the list though. Nick and I met with a photographer last Thursday and we have decided to use her. Check out http://www.jessicalemmonsphotography.com/ to check her out. She did my sister's senior pictures and my friend's engagement pictures and they are both awesome! I love when things go easy and you can't really get much easier than that. I can breathe a little easier now knowing that I am going to get the pictures I want done by an excellent photographer. She does the fun artsy pictures as well as the formals and I really like that. Hopefully we'll also be doing our engagement pictures through her. We'll have to wait and see.

One more side not, Mom and I went to our local Dollar Tree on Saturday and I bought 13 boxes of bubbles for a dollar each. One hundred fifty-six bubbles for $12.00 plus tax! I also got silk rose petals for like $3.00 and some other stuff, so they can all be checked off the list too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment