Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quick update

So I bought a Polaroid PoGo off eBay (I already said that but anyway) and got an awesome deal. I tried it out and the pictures are so cute and they are on peel and stick paper so for the reception I can just stick them on scrapbook paper and have guests sign away!

Another quick little (okay not little, HUGE) thing, I toured and booked the reception site yesterday. The reception will officially be and the McClelland Arts Center. If anyone actually reads this blog, I need input. Check out the layout below and read on.

Photobucket

(Sorry if the picture is kind of small.) This is the layout of the reception site. I was thinking it might be fun to have the little meeting room on the left side (see it?) be a "club" and we'd put the DJ and dancing in there. Problem with that is then there will be no music during dinner or anything else unless we put a speaker in there or something. Also, not everyone would be able to see the dancing unless they crowded at the entrance (since the two rooms are not connected to each other). I'm not even sure if that's possible.

The other option is to do the DJ and dancing in the main room where everybody is. That will take up space where tables could be set up for people to sit and eat, but I know (and have been told NUMEROUS times) that not everyone will come to the wedding and even less will come to the reception. So those are my two choices, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I saw your blog over on Bee. Since you said you will be reading ALL the blogs I figured I'll read yours.
    Okay I vote for putting tables and dancing in the main room. Keep all the action in one place. Maybe rather than seperating the fun you can use the meeting room on the left as a outlet for people who just want to escape the music and noise for a second? Like a lounge area? Do you have the whole place to yourself? If so maybe there are existing sofas, etc that they will let you rearrange so long as you move them back to their original locations at the end of the wedding?
    Create a little outlet for people who might want to go there and chat and not have to scream above the music. It might even be nice for your newly married husband and you to escape for a couple seconds without completely leaving the place.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an aweseome idea, thanks! There aren't any sofas, but we could put a few tables and chairs in there.

    ReplyDelete