Saturday, June 19, 2010

“In Hollywood, brides keep the bouquets and throw away the groom.”

Haha, just kidding, but it got your attention right?


Source: Youtube

Our DJ announced the bouquet toss and all of the girls piled onto the dance floor.
Photobucket

I stepped up to the plate with my bouquet. If you'll remember from this post that my tossing bouquet was made up of about 20 single flowers bouquets. My bridesmaids and I wanted to make sure that the girls knew there wasn't just one bouquet coming at them so we staged a little scene. My bridesmaids yelled at me to toss the bouquet at them and I let them know there was plenty for everyone (I know, kind of cheesy).
Photobucket

Photobucket

And the pitch!
Photobucket

Going, going...
Photobucket

Gone...onto Megan's (bridesmaid) head. Hmm, the flowers sort of stayed all bunched together when I threw them and they all landed on Megan and she got dog piled. Oops.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Her saying, "That's not how this was supposed to happen!"

But as a whole, the toss was a success and everyone (I hope) got a flower.
Photobucket
This lovely lady got four!

What a laugh we all had over that and then I heard this music come on and Nick walking towards me with a grin.

Source: Youtube

I was plunked down in a chair
Photobucket

And I told Nick he had to be nice-ish. He could use either his hands or his teeth, but not both!
Photobucket

Pay no attention to the grin on my face!
Photobucket

He really went for it and I had to hold my dress down so nothing would show that wasn't supposed to!
Photobucket

But he finally got it off of me and my part was done. He let the garter fly.
Photobucket

Our ring bearer was going for it!
Photobucket

He would have had it too, but he was a little late in his grab and it passed into the waiting hands of...
Photobucket

My brother!
Photobucket

And he's on the run to...
Photobucket

Can you see those arms? He ran straight to his girlfriend!
Photobucket

The whole thing totally looked staged, even though it wasn't.
Photobucket

They are so cute!
Photobucket

We all had a good laugh at that (it looks awesome in the video) and then we sobered up a bit for the dances. This will have to be in another post because this one is really long already...and I might tear up a bit so it'll have to wait.

Note: All pictures were taken by our photographer, Jessica Lemmons, and her assistant. Check out her amazing work here!

No comments:

Post a Comment