Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Preparing for a wedding (reception)

Setting up our wedding locations took the whole day before the wedding, minus when we were rehearsing. Good thing I was so prepared with diagrams and drawings of what I wanted. Let me tell you, it was chaos even with the diagrams, can't imagine how it would have been without.

If you get a chance, MAKE A DIAGRAM OF YOUR CEREMONY & RECEPTION LAYOUTS. Makes things SO much easier. Here are my diagrams, I made them in Excel, although it was a pain in the butt so if you have a better idea, than use it!

Ceremony location
Photobucket

Reception location
Photobucket

Guest tables
Photobucket

Family tables
Photobucket

Head table
Photobucket

Anyway, those definitely helped in setting everything up. The following are pictures of us doing the setting up (again, taken by my uncle). I don't have any ceremony set up pictures, but you can see what it all looks like in the actual wedding pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket
My two favorite men, look how strong they are!

Photobucket
Untangling white light strings

Photobucket
Haha, still untangling

Photobucket
Best Man helping decorate tables

Photobucket
My awesome aunt (and many other people) helped iron 12 tablecloths and 28 table runners. Wow

Photobucket

Photobucket
Brothers awesome girlfriend was a BIG help too!! We had her running all over town for two days!

Photobucket
Brother sneaking a kiss from awesome girlfriend

Photobucket
My uncle, Dad, and brother strung lights all around the room and after all of that, we finally decided to test them. Oops, one string didn't work, so this picture and the next are of my brother and dad taking down that string and putting up one that does work.

Photobucket
Hilarious

Photobucket
In the kitchen pre-prepping food (I have a funny story to tell you in a later post)

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of a finished table, but you will see them in the reception pictures, so hold on tight!!

Up next...getting ready on our wedding day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment